<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/10064388?origin\x3dhttp://myvioletpetals.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>


“ This Too, Shall Pass ”
2017
Sunday, February 05, 2017 | 12:24 am

Well hi there, so it's 2017. Assalamualaikum to you.

2016 has been nothing but progress. The preparation for our wedding was pretty intense albeit mini arguments all couples face.

In September, all praises to Allah, I've landed myself a job in the administrative line. I've always dreamed about working in an office- printing, filing, being organised. So I rehearsed my lines and became a total robot for my interviews. On my first day of work, the current admin who I would be taking over in a few days, took me out for lunch. We had a talk, mostly her, and let's just say.. she got the better of me. It was terrible, and I wanted to leave. She made me feel so much hatred towards this job and it was only lunchtime. A few weeks passed, and then a month. I got my first paycheck, handling everything by myself. I took the lady's 4 month experience into advise. I converted her negativity to all things positive.. I didn't have 2 years experience in various offices as an admin like her, but hey, I have 7 years of experience with kids throwing tantrums and swallowing my anger. I have 7 years experience in doing things FOR my students. I just wanted to learn. My office is just a humble little space with only five of us. I doge the bosses attitudes with smiles and now I'm pretty good at my job. I have my own desk and I have a shelf full of personal snacks. The view from the 15th floor is pretty neat too. In December, a new colleague joined and I felt more secure with my decision in staying with the job a while longer.

Noriyah gave birth to a beautiful baby girl and Munirah got hitched in January, a few weeks ago. Insane. Cats had our first 2017 dinner at Seoul Garden and we all wore a mustard top. Seems like over the years, they are the only people who never took me for granted and I truly appreciate that.

It's February. It means crunch time for my school projects and wedding preparations!

Talk soon. xx