<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/10064388?origin\x3dhttp://myvioletpetals.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>


“ This Too, Shall Pass ”
The 7 Questions That Tell You Who You Are
Saturday, May 11, 2013 | 1:43 am

Many of the answers we’re seeking are answers we already have. We just don’t know how to access them. Understanding who you are isn’t something you stumble upon one day. It’s embedded within you; you just have to be vulnerable long enough to uncover it. Your everyday actions are shouting what you may not be conscious of. - Curtsey of Thought Catalog 


1. What would you do with your life if you didn’t have to pay the bills? If money weren’t an issue, what would you do with your days? Would you write? Read? Sing? Whatever it is, you have to do that thing. Money is an interesting phenomenon that completely controls our everyday lives without having any purpose other than sustainability in the form of purchasing from others what we could produce and create right in our own backyards. Consider that when you’re deciding between a soulless job that will make you rich versus a life that will feed your passions.
- I would still be doing the things I'm doing now. I would still teach, because that is all there is left in humanity. The young, they are like blank paper. We color them, nurture them into something kind, something that sees everyone else special. I'm still trying to master my playing through videos, so if money wasn't an issue i would already have a non virtual guru in my newly built soundproof studio with a huge poster that says "MONEY AIN'T GONNA BRING YOUR CHOPS NOWHERE. ONLY YOU AND YOURSELF, HONEY!"
2. What cuts you the deepest? So much is defined by what we’re most affected by. Really, what do you not even want to think about right now because it brings you so much emotion? Let those things in, and sit with them. Consider them. Integrate them in your life. We call this acceptance. It doesn’t mean you have to like it, it just means it is something that moves you very deeply for some reason, so you shouldn’t ignore it. Figure out what that reason is.
- I've been replaying the incident at the airport last December over and over again in my head a gazillion times. But i have learned to accept that everyone makes their own decisions with or without you. They are human and if they do not have the right reasons, then i humbly accept that it is my fault for being there in the first place. I wish them well and all the happiness they deserve. 
3. If you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do today? I’d write. I’d sit outside, go for a walk or hike, and write. I’d write letters to my family. I’d probably write articles or ideas for articles. I try (and usually do) those things every day regardless. Not because I have to, or because a writing career is what’s going to best pay off my student loans. But because it’s what I want to do most. It’s who I really am.
- I used to write a lot. I spent my adolescence years writing about my emotions, my thoughts and mostly my anger. It was my muse, i felt perfectly fine after writing. But one day i stopped, because i wanted to share my joy in verbs, and vocal actions.
4. Who do you love and why do you love them? The first people that come to mind are very much a part of who you are. But what’s even more important is why you love these people. Where is your love and what is it based on?
- There is this particular person that i think about when i read the question. My mind goes astray in the depths of this human, longing plastered all over my skin. I cannot answer this right now.
5. What do you quote? I’m always interested by what people quote, especially on social media, because really, they’re not bringing your attention to something that someone wise said as much as they are trying to tell you something about themselves. Look at what you want to perpetuate to other people, when you yourself can’t find the words. What strikes you most is who you are.
- I usually watch movies that teaches one to be thoughtful to others and yet able to do things for your own. These movies have a fine line between kindness and reality. Eat Pray Love, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and Into The Wild are one of the many films i would have to give credit to.
6. In those rare but life-changing moments, how do you act? When you’re at the end of your rope and you have to make a decision, which way do you choose? Notice the patterns in the paths you choose to take. Notice how you help others when they ask for it. Notice more how you help when they don’t. Your instinctive, intuitive reactions do say something about you. I know some would argue that instincts are just by-products of technically being animals, but our instincts are also formed by the thoughts that we craft in our minds.
- My country solely rotates on civilians' money. Therefore I have no time for cursives. 
7. What do you think about most? It’s the little things that add up and create who you are, and if you really want to see where you’re at, write down the things you think about most. They are where you are most invested. They are where you are most curious, interested, perplexed, pained and inspired. These are the things and people who most tell you who you are, because they are the things and people who have remained with you, even if they’re not physically there anymore.
- When i look at my skin, i would search for beauty products that is possible to minimize my flaws. I can go on for hours on end researching about body polish, lip scrub and moisturizing agents. I'm a woman.. Every little detail about nothings is substantially going to bother me. The only factor that is upsetting me right now is my body mass. I have seen myself in the mirror and boy, am i a wardrobe of bones. Which would lead on to the next factor. And the next without an end.