Monday, January 29, 2007 | 8:36 pm
as i opened my eyes, i could barely see feel my legs. i sat up, fighting against the painful spark i felt on my wounded head. i looked around. What I saw shocked the rest of my memories.
Directly infont of me, about two meters away was a lady. With bloodstains all over her dress, she hugged a boy. The boy seemed so calm as his eyes were shut. I strained my eyes to focus on them. Blood as fresh as it was cut, was oozing out form his head. The lady, I reckon, was a young mother of the boy. From the look of it, I can tell that her first priority was the boy. I was then distracted by an object. Huge enough to irritate my sight. A building which used to be so high, was now trapped in memories. Huge broken concretes pilled up one another untidily with dozens of people desperately digging to search for the survived.
Men or women, black or white, each showed their concern. My head was still aching and my vision was not that clear. I could only recall the sight of four beautifully crafted air jets which raced with each other in the air and to which, as wonderful and delightful the sight was, the atmosphere changed as the crafts showered the town with bombs. The intimidating sound of the falling bombs made hundreds of unsuspected civilians scattering for their poor life. the screeching sound from the falling bombs was so loud that it affect everyone’s ears especially the young ones. And to that, I was left with a blocked, unusable left ear. I guess I passed out later then.
Women screaming for their children, men crying for their wives. Pets committed to their owners looked helpless as humans scattered by. Thoughts in my head. Billions of it, I have yet to answer.
Army men in uniform were then seen around me trying to find the victims and those who survived. Medics ran with their kit. Victims on stretchers, blood on floors. The most horrible memory left in my head was the aftermath of a war.
and this happened, decades past a year.